We need volunteers! Did you know the Clinton Fire Department responds entirely with volunteers? Our volunteers respond to an area from approximately Turah to Bearmouth. We accept volunteer applications all year.
Our ability to respond to anybody that dials 911 in our area for a fire, medical emergency, or vehicle accident depends entirely on community residents just like you. For more information please come to one of our regularly scheduled trainings, or call the station at 825-6260.
If you are interested in volunteering, please print and fill out the New Member Application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Burn permits are not sold through Clinton Rural Fire Department but can be purchased at the following link: https://app.egovmt.com/burnpermit/
Current fire restrictions and active wildfires can be found here: https://www.mtfireinfo.org/
The information listed below is designed to provide you with general restrictions information and is not intended to be reflective of every agency at any time. For specific fire restrictions information in a particular area of interest, please click on that area in the map and follow the link to the current fire restrictions order or proclamation.
The following acts are prohibited until further notice in Stage 1:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire unless noted in the exemptions below.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
The following acts are prohibited until further notice in Stage 2:
- Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- The following acts are prohibited from 1:00 pm to 1:00 am:Operating any internal combustion engine.
- Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame.
- Using an explosive.
- Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads and trails.
For more information about restrictions, exemptions, and the current stage please visit https://www.mtfireinfo.org/.
More information about current wildfires and annual totals can be found by visiting: https://www.mtfireinfo.org/